My New Starburst Mirror and Security!


Now that I've shown you my lovely Home Goods lamps, I thought I'd show you another recent find for my bedroom.

I had seen this starburst mirror (is it starburst or sunburst? I can never remember) at Target when it was full price and resisted.
 When I saw it on the clearance rack though, for 50% off, I decided to give it a try since I knew I wanted one in my bedroom. The mirror on it had a little scratch so the nice lady at the register gave me an additional 10% off. This was on top of the 5% I was also getting by using my Target Red Card. I was one happy camper!
 You might have noticed that I still haven't taken the tag off yet. This is because there was something about it that was bothering me. The mirror in the middle is convex which prompted my very observant daughter, Olivia, to proclaim, "It looks like a security camera." Which is exactly what I had been thinking.
 It is pretty though and gold. So, I think I might just try to replace the security camera mirror in the middle.
 Here it is over the bed and you can get a better shot of my new lamps too.
Here's a list of what I still need to do in this area of the room.

1. New bedding. I'm still wanting this West Elm Duvet.
2. Paint my walls a darker moodier blue/gray color. This color is a top contender.
3. Upholster and tuft my headboard. At first I was thinking of white, but after I saw this picture on Pinterest, I'm thinking of going dark with the head board too.
4. Paint my nightstands, also in a dark moody blue/gray color and replace the hardware on them with something like this.

Ok, so I'm just kidding about the brass lion ring pulls. Maybe just brass ring pulls without the lion. :)


3 comments

  1. Okay. I am loving everything about your bedroom update. I agree on the mirror; that it's a little too weird to not change it out. If you need help with your headboard when you get there, let me know! I'm always willing to lend a hand on DIY projects! Good luck with the upcoming projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JQ! Can you come and clean my house? It's a total wreck right now since my job has been sucking the life right out of me. Come back soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Comments are moderated so, it may take awhile for yours to show up.