12.28.2013

One Kings Lane & Statement Chairs


Did you know that One Kings Lane has a Home Decor Resource Guide?  It's something that I recently discovered when they contacted me to see if I would write a post to introduce my readers to it.

It's a great resource with all sorts of informative articles on home decor.  By using the Resource Guide, I was able to learn that the consignment store chair that I redid for my son's room was a style that was popular in the early part of the 20th century in schools and offices and is a classic to this day.

With a little elbow grease and some spray paint, I was able to take this classic piece and give it a fresh modern look.  This chair is definitely a centerpiece of Jacob's room now.
The Resource Guide is broken down into style or time periods so it's easy to navigate and find what you're looking for.  One Kings Lane recognizes that there are a lot of us home decor enthusiasts out here and it's an invaluable tool to use when you have a fabulous thrift store find that you want to learn more about plus, get some inspiration on how to refinish it.

Take for instance, my Goodwill beauty that I wrote about in this post.
Right now, the only statement she's making is, "I've been neglected by my owner." This chair best represents my personal style in the sense that I love its clean, classic, no frills shape, yet it's solid and very well built.  I love its versatility.  It can be used as an office chair or it would also look great in a living room as a side chair.  Because of its size, we can move it around easily and often take it into the living room for extra seating.  By using the Resource Guide, I was able to confirm my suspicions that she's a mid-century piece built in the 1950's or 60's.  Granted, she's taken low priority on my DIY list, but now I know that I'll have another great resource to use when I'm ready to turn her into the statement chair she was meant to be.

As long as you pick a classic shape, your statement chair will never be outdated because you can always updated it to reflect the times and your personal style.

What about you?  Do you have a statement chair in your home?

Thanks for dropping by today.


2 comments:

  1. Love the green chair in Jacob's room, Sharon! And I can't wait to see how you transform that awesome Goodwill find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know about their resource guide, I'm sure I'll use it now and then too! I love the chair you redid for your son and especially the dresser with the matching green pulls! Clever!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my chevron closet door!
    Tania

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Comments are moderated so it may take awhile for yours to show up.