1.21.2014

Asparagus Gruyere Tart {Recipes}


Hi Everyone!  How was your weekend?  Did you get yesterday off or did you have to work?  I had the day off, but I was kind of on house project overload on Saturday and Sunday so, Monday I decided to give my projects a rest and just enjoy the day.

Anyway, the reason for this post.  When my niece Amy was in town over Christmas, my sister Kathy had the family over for brunch.  She called me to ask me for my asparagus gruyere tart recipe.  I told her that it was on my Pinterest recipe board, but she said she didn't have a Pinterest account, so I offered to make it.  I'm sure it was all a clever ploy on her part to get me to make it for her. :)

I love this recipe.  It's one of my all time favorites.  It's super easy to make, is so delicious and is perfect for a brunch.  Of course, you can't beat a recipe with just three main ingredients in it now can you?  It's a Martha Stewart recipe (of course) and the direct link to it is right here.

I thought I'd show you how it's made, in case you wanted to try it out.
INGREDIENTS
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
5 1/2 ounces (2 cups) of shredded Gruyere chesse
1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Roll out the puff pastry into a 16 x 10 in rectangle.  
Put the dough onto a baking sheet.  Lightly score the pastry dough about one inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle.
The edges should look like this (below).
Score the inside of the rectangle with a fork. 
 This will keep the middle part from puffing up when you do the next step which is to bake it for 15 minutes until it's golden brown.
Take the pastry shell out of the oven, and sprinkle it with the Gruyere.  Trim off the tough ends of the asparagus spears, and arrange them on top of the cheese in an alternating pattern.
Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  (That's actually a pastry brush.  I know it looks like a cheap paint brush though).
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
If you like asparagus you will love this.  It smells so wonderful when it's baking and it looks so fancy.  People will think that you spent a lot of time making it when it's really a breeze.  You should just go with it, tell them you slaved in the kitchen all morning and that you need to just sit down, put your feet up.  Oh, and can they please bring you another mimosa?

So glad you dropped by. :)

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! And easy - definitely trying this out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Comments are moderated so it may take awhile for yours to show up.