1.02.2014

Office Chair Fabric - Please Help Me Decide!


At first, I was really flattered that One Kings Lane had contacted me to write a post on a statement chair in my home that best reflected my style.  Then, I freaked out a little bit.  Because, I hadn't even redone the chair that I felt best reflected my style.  I mean, I've only had it for a year and half!  I need a least a full two years with a piece of furniture before I can decide what I want to do with it.

So now, my home office chair looks like this.


I was going to try to hurry up and redo it and then do my One Kings Lane post on the makeover.

I should have known better because there are only a few places to buy fabric here, Hobby Lobby and Joann's.  I didn't find anything I liked at either place.

I actually agonized a lot about what I even wanted for the chair which I use for my desk in my home office space in my bedroom.

I've finally decided that I want gray and white fabric for the chair to tie in with the pale blues, soft grays, whites and cream color scheme of my bedroom.

After searching for hours online to source out fabrics, here are the ones that I'm considering.  The minute I think I've made a decision, I start looking at all of the fabrics I have pinned on my Pinterest board and I feel unsure again.  I think it's because I know that as soon as I commit to one and put it on the chair, then I'll see something that I love even better.  I'm leaning towards a geometric pattern since I have the floral duvet on the end of the bed.  I would love your feed back on the fabric.  Which one do you like best?

1.  Portfolio Treads Ashphalt - Online Fabric Store


Grey and White Flourish



Ikat Damask - Gray Skies

This is the one that I really loved and would have chosen, but I cannot find anywhere.

via


This is my first real attempt at reupholstery so I'll be taking you along for the journey here on my blog.

I would really, really appreciate your feedback on the fabric.  As of now, I do have one that I'm leaning towards and just want to decide already and get on with it.

I'd love to get your feedback.  What do you think?  

12 comments:

  1. Joann's has the fabric you want online! Here's the link:

    http://www.joann.com/upholstery-fabric-robert-allen-ikat-fret-pewter/11716206.html#q=Robert+Allen+Ikat+&start=12

    expensive but maybe with one of their 50% off coupons?? I love it and the first one you posted. Either will look great with the colors in your room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deme! I'm going to check it out now.

      Delete
  2. I say number two or number four. But, honestly they all are so gorgeous, there is no wrong answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Number 2 was my first choice. It's so hard to decide. I appreciate your feedback.

      Delete
  3. Number 2 or 4 would be my choice. I love them all though. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danylle! I'm going to make my final decision this weekend. I appreciate your input.

      Delete
  4. My vote is for number 2! You really can't beat that classic print! Great chair, too! Where did you find it? There's also Hancock Fabric on San Mateo (and there's one on the Westside). Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! The chair is a Goodwill find for $7.50 and I do love it.

      Delete
  5. I like No. 3 and No. 2. I saw an armchair with a similar pattern to No. 3 at Target and really liked it! Although, I do love the fabric you can't find... Either pick, it's gonna look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I hope that I can pull this off. :)

      Delete
  6. I really like the spoonflower ikat fabric, it's beautiful!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI SHARON
    I have read this blog ,thank for this information your tutorial style is best , your color combination is so good i thought no 4 color is ideal and looking good .
    http://www.wilhelm-schuster.de/buerostuhl-stoffe-farben.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Comments are moderated so it may take awhile for yours to show up.