1.08.2014

Some Goals for 2014


There's nothing like the start of a new year to give you that feeling of a clean, fresh slate.  It's an opportunity to reflect on the past year and forgive yourself for those unfinished laundry rooms projects, decide what you want to focus on now and move forward.

So, here are some of the things that I'm hoping to get accomplish in good old 2014.  I've pared it down to three things for different areas because I know that you may not give a rip once the novelty of the new year wears off and life happens, too long of a list will be setting myself up for failure.

DECORATING

1)  Finish the dang laundry room!  I got off to a good start, slowed down, then came to a screeching halt once the holidays hit.

2)  Olivia's bedroom.  The poor child has been ever so patiently waiting for me to get around to decorating her room so this will be the year that I get it done!

3)  My bedroom.  Not too much more to do in here.  There is an end in site for getting this room done.

ORGANIZING

1)  Improve the home command center.  Right now, it consists of a rinky dink dry erase board and a tiny little calendar.  Definitely room for improvement here.

2)  Reorganize the home office.  If I ever disappear, you can probably find me at my desk drowning in a sea of paper.  Does the constant influx of junk mail ever cease?

3)  Clean out and organize the garage.  Just two words to describe our garage. Cluster bleep.

BLOGGING

1)  Write one to two posts each week.  I've come to realize that I cannot do it all to my satisfaction, but I also don't want to give anything up.  So, I'm going to just have to be happy with being able to post once or twice a week.

2)  Finish up to #4 in my Sheffield course work.  I know this isn't really about blogging, but I may incorporate some of it into my blog.

3)  Market more.  I know I need to link up my posts more to other blogs.  This has been difficult for me.  I'm just not a marketing/sales type person.  I'd be a horrible car sales person, "What?  You don't think this car is right for you?  Yeah.  You're probably right.  We've got cookies and coffee in the office, if you want a little snack?"

LIVING

1)  Open the mail every day and make a decision on each piece.  I tend to put this off and then I'm forced to open a huge stack of credit card offers that I have to shred, when I would really rather be painting something.

2)  Get together with friends every month.  I know for some of you, this doesn't seem like much, but my friends might as well live out of town for as often as I see them.  Something I'd like to improve this year.

3)  Write down three things I'm grateful for every day.  It's easy to focus on the more that I want, but I'm going to take the notebook that I got (in 2012) to use as a gratitude journal and actually write in it.  My goal is to write down three things every day.   It has a picture on the front of two girls.  When I got it, two years ago, I intended to get a picture of my kids and put it in there because they are definitely what I am most grateful for.  My kids, that is, not the two strangers who are currently on the cover.

Anyway, believe me, there is so much more that I would like to do, but I'm going to try to focus on these things first and if I manage to get more done than this then it will just be a miracle bonus.

Thanks for reading today.


3 comments:

  1. Sharon this sounds like a great list! Very similar to mine! :) Are you going to post pictures of your decor and organizing? I'm always looking for new ideas and your blog always has good ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! You're so sweet. That's the plan so, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll actually stick to my list.

      Delete
  2. Those sound like great goals! 2014 is going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Comments are moderated so it may take awhile for yours to show up.